[Dovecot] Problem with lmtp director proxy

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Jun 16 02:22:22 EEST 2012

On 13.6.2012, at 20.11, Angel L. Mateo wrote:

> 	Ok, you were right. I was looking for logs at my log repository, which doesn't receive debug log. Nevertheless, the only auth lines I have found at the ones above, with the proxy_refresh=450. I haven't found any line with a timeout log in the proxies neither the backends

The backend logs don't matter. Director adds the proxy_refresh. You haven't shown in your logs what auth process logs as debug messages. This is what is supposed to happen:

> Jun 16 02:19:11 auth: Debug: master out: PASS   1       user=director   proxy   proxy_timeout=1000

"master out" must return proxy_timeout=1000. If it doesn't, then the problem is with your auth settings.

> Jun 16 02:19:11 lmtp(11845): Debug: auth input: user=director proxy proxy_timeout=1000 host=1.2.3.4 proxy_refresh=450

Director adds proxy_refresh, but preserves proxy_timeout.