[Dovecot] dovecot-sieve and LMT

Martin Weil admin at postia.de
Tue Jun 19 12:20:21 EEST 2012

Am 19.06.2012 um 10:29 schrieb Stephan Bosch:

> Op 6/19/2012 10:17 AM, Martin Weil schreef:
>> Hi.
>>
>> Thanks for your hints, I altered the file but sadly, there is no change in behavior. It's like sieve is not doing anything at all.
>>
>> if header :contains ["subject"] ["Test"] {
>>   fileinto :create "Folder1";
>> } else {
>>   fileinto :create "Folder2";
>> }
>>
>> The lda_mailbox_autocreate option seems to be a version 2.0 feature. I am using 1.2.9.
>
> Do your logs mention anything about LDA and Sieve being invoked? This wiki page shows a few hints on what this should look like and steps to be taken when LDA and Sieve are not being invoked:
>
> http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Troubleshooting
>
> Regards,
>
> Stephan.

Indeed they did not. I incorrectly thought that a line in postfix's main.cf would change the delivery to deliver. That would have been true if I used local delivery. For virtual users postfix is using "virtual" by default. So I had to add deliver to postfix's master.cf and change the virtual_transport in main.cf.

After configuring logging for deliver I can now confirm that it is used. I was mistaken by thinking local delivery is the same as virtual delivery. I could have avoided this by reading the wiki more carefully. Sorry about that.

But I am afraid sieve is still not working. Mails are still delivered to INBOX.

Martin