[Dovecot] 2.0.19 segfault

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Jun 24 01:05:09 EEST 2012

On Sat, 2012-06-23 at 22:39 +0200, Mailing List SVR wrote:

> after the upgrade from dovecot 2.0.13 (ubuntu oneiric) to dovecot 2.0.19
> (ubuntu precise), in my logs I have a lot of these errors:
>
> Jun 23 00:20:29 server1 dovecot: master: Error: service(imap-login):
> child 6714 killed with signal 11 (core dumps disabled)
>
> I tested 2.0.21 and the problem is still here. The problem seems to
> appear only when the client is ms outlook, thunderbird works fine

Looks to me more like OpenSSL library bug. The only reason why it could
be Dovecot bug is if Dovecot is causing memory corruption. Could you run
imap-login via valgrind to see if this is the case?

service imap-login {
  executable = /usr/bin/valgrind -q --vgdb=no /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
  chroot =
}

Also have you changed any ssl-related settings in dovecot.conf?