[Dovecot] started with dovecot sieve

Daniel Parthey daniel.parthey at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Wed Jun 27 21:47:36 EEST 2012

Rolf wrote:
> LMTP would be new to me and I fear just other hard-to-understand
> configuration topics.

LMTP (Lightweight Message Transfer Protocol) is really simple,
similar to SMTP, but immediately returns a status code which
tells whether the delivery has been successful or not.

I encourage you to read this HOWTO:
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/HowTo/PostfixDovecotLMTP

Dovecot listens and accepts mails on the LMTP service port,
postfix delivers mails directly into this LMTP service port.

Since it is an additional service, you should be able to try
it first, without interfering with your deliver functionality.

Here you can read, how the LMTP communication looks like:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/LMTP

Regards
Daniel
--