[Dovecot] director directing to wrong server (sometimes)

Daniel Parthey daniel.parthey at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Sat Jun 30 04:51:50 EEST 2012

Hi Angel,

Angel L. Mateo wrote:
> I have a user, its assigned server is 155.54.211.164. The problem
> is that I don't know why director sent him yesterday to a different
> server, because my server was up all the time. Moreover, I'm using
> poolmon in director servers to check availability of final servers
> and it didn't report any problem with the server.

Which version of dovecot are you using?
"doveconf -n" of director and mailbox instance?

You should monitor the output of
  doveadm director status username at example.org
  doveadm director ring status
on each of the directors over time with a timestamp.

This might shed some light on where the user is directed and why,
and ring status will tell which directors can see each other.
doveadm director move can also influence where a user is sent,
but this will be reflected by "Current:" entry of director status,
there you can also find the time when the entry in hashtable
will expire.

Regards
Daniel
--