[Dovecot] pop3-throttle

Emmanuel Dreyfus manu at netbsd.org
Sat Jun 23 08:04:30 EEST 2012

Hello

I am having a hard time with users using POP while leaving mailboxes
of several gigabyte cumulated. This causes a lot of disk I/O and kills
performancs for everyone. I try to encourage people migrating to
IMAP, but that migration will take some time, and therefore I am looking
for alterantive ways to workaround the problem.

I found pop3-throttle-plugin.c, which seems a smart way to solve the
problem, unfortunately it comes with no documentation. I was able to
build it and load it, bu itsays nothing in the logs. Is there any
doc somewhere? Any advices on how to set it up?

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz
manu at netbsd.org