[Dovecot] IPhone wont delete IMAP messages from dovecot mailbox

Robert Schetterer rs at sys4.de
Wed Nov 14 17:08:29 EET 2012

Am 14.11.2012 15:55, schrieb tibby at tibby.hu:
> On 2012-11-14 14:59, Håkon Alstadheim wrote:
>> On 13. nov. 2012 15:44, tibby at tibby.hu wrote:
>>> Hello!
>>> I've got dovecot running with postfix. Have virtual users under vmail
>>> folder.
>>> When I connect with outlook, I can read, delete messages.
>>> When I sign on with webmail, also can delete messages,
>>> Mutt is working as well on the mail server, can delete messages.
>>>
>>> Once the message is deleted it moves  to the trash. Works as it
>>> supposed to.
>>>
>>> But on Iphone, when I add a mail user, got the mailbox synced with
>>> IMAP I can see the INBOX, but when I delete a message, get this error:
>>> "Unable to Move Message The message could not be moved to the mailbox
>>> Trash."
>>>

>>> http://www.netchimp.co.uk/webdesign/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/iphone_unable_to_move_message.png
>>>

>>> What causing this problem?
>>> Please Help.
>>>

>> I've seen this. Fixed it for my device by changing the settings on
>> the Ipad, and then changing them back. Seems the local trash folder is
>> not created automatically on iOS.
>
> But I dont want to use the IOS trash folder. I want the phone to use the
> trash on the mail server.

looks like iphone is special ( why i dont wonder... )

http://support.ecenica.com/email/troubleshooting-draft-trash-folders-iphone/

some config may also conflict with "archive" settings on iphone,
as ever ,behave may also different in different versions,
at all ,nothing direct dovecot related  , i am not up2date with apple
stuff , isnt there a better imap mail client in there app store ?

Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer

--
[*] sys4 AG