[Dovecot] FTS solr issue with second private namespace

Andreas Oster aoster at novanetwork.de
Mon Dec 2 13:00:17 EET 2013

Hi all,

I have just stumbled over an issue with the FTS plugin of dovecot.
For our primary namespace, INBOX and its subfolders, searching works
without any problems but in a second namespace, which I have created
for old/archived mails, searching of the mail text/body does not work.
I can see the search request in the tomcat log but no result is created
and the mail client (Thunderbird) keeps displaying the serach message
without returning any results.

Tomcat6 catalina.out:

Dez 02, 2013 11:58:00 AM org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore execute
INFO: [] webapp=/solr path=/select
params={fl=uid,score&sort=uid+asc&q=body:"schiller"&fq=%2Bbox:1b4de60d0a6287522d0c00004424cda4+%2Buser:"testuser"&rows=2}
hits=0 status=0 QTime=1

I am currently using Dovecot 2.2.9 and do not have any special FTS config:

mail_plugins = quota mailbox_alias fts fts_solr

plugin {
  fts = solr
  fts_solr = break-imap-search url=http://localhost:8080/solr/
  fts_autoindex = yes