[Dovecot] Possible managesieve bug.

Pedro R. Benito da Rocha pedro at ubu.es
Tue Dec 3 15:07:01 EET 2013

Hi,

I'm migrating from from 1.1 to 2.2. Currently I am doing test to ensure
I'm doing it right.
On the old server the managesieve config says:

sieve = /correo/%d/%u/dovecot.sieve
sieve_dir = /correo/%d/%u/Sieve

and is working fine.

But the same config on the new server is not working.
I have activated verbose logging and this is the result:

Dec  3 09:59:41 imap-01 dovecot: managesieve-login: Login:
user=<xxxx at ubu.es>, method=LOGIN, rip=10.145.4.65, lip=10.145.4.45,
mpid=29855, session=<T7hfhJ3s+QAKkQRB>
Dec  3 09:59:41 imap-01 dovecot: managesieve(xxxx at ubu.es): Error:
sieve-storage: Performing readlink() on active sieve symlink
'/correo/ubu.es/xxxx at ubu.es/dovecot.sieve' failed: Permission denied
Dec  3 09:59:41 imap-01 dovecot: managesieve(xxxx at ubu.es): Error:
sieve-storage: Failed to stat active sieve script symlink
(/correo/ubu.es/xxxx at ubu.es/dovecot.sieve): Permission denied.
Dec  3 09:59:41 imap-01 dovecot: managesieve(xxxx at ubu.es): Disconnected:
Logged out bytes=120/331
Dec  3 09:59:51 imap-01 dovecot: managesieve-login: Login:
user=<pedro at ubu.es>, method=LOGIN, rip=10.145.4.65, lip=10.145.4.45,
mpid=29858, session=<6bDthJ3s+wAKkQRB>
Dec  3 09:59:51 imap-01 dovecot: managesieve(xxxx at ubu.es): Error:
sieve-storage: Performing readlink() on active sieve symlink
'/correo/ubu.es/xxxx at ubu.es/dovecot.sieve' failed: Permission denied
Dec  3 09:59:51 imap-01 dovecot: managesieve(xxxx at ubu.es): Disconnected:
Logged out bytes=44/199

Permissions are ok. I modified the permissions using 0777 but the error
message is the same.

I have made other tests to see if I can find the problem, and I made it
work if I delete "%d" from config, this way:

sieve = /correo/%u/dovecot.sieve
sieve_dir = /correo/%u/Sieve

I have copied all filters preserving permissions, and with the same file
permissions is working.
If I add the '%d' to the path error comes again.

Can anyone tell me if this is the normal behavior or is a bug?

Thanks,

     Pedro