[Dovecot] Complete migration from Cyrus on remote server

Alan McGinlay - SICS alanm at sics.se
Wed Dec 4 11:07:07 EET 2013

On 2013-12-03 22:55, Oscar del Rio wrote:
> On 12/ 3/13 02:17 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On 3.12.2013, at 16.01, Alan McGinlay - SICS <alanm at sics.se> wrote:
>
> * I have looked at dsync but the docs state that the mailbox should
> not
> be accessed during sync, this is not possible for me (it doesn't say
> why
> this is the case however)
> dsync is intended for these kinds of migrations. I’m not sure where
> you read that mailbox shouldn’t be accessed during it?
>

> http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Migration/Dsync
> "The source IMAP/POP3 mailboxes shouldn't be modified while dsync is
> running."

Thanks, yes indeed that is where I read that factoid. So what does that
mean, it works but might produce corrupt messages on the receiver if the
other side is accessed simultaneously? I did actually use Imapsync
without first blocking access and it seemed to work (aside from the UID
issues i mentioned)