[Dovecot] undoing a zlib test

Terry Barnum terry at dop.com
Tue Dec 10 02:08:47 EET 2013

I'm trying to undo a dovecot zlib test and uncompress 6 emails in my Junk mailbox. There are about 25 total in different mailboxes but I thought I'd first start with those in my Junk. I ran:

# dsync -v -u terry at dop.com -m Junk -o plugin/zlib_save= backup maildir:/path/to/temp/folder

which returned without error and backed up my Junk mailbox but didn't uncompress the 6 emails. Am I calling dsync incorrectly to uncompress? zlib is currently not loaded as a plugin.

Once I get them uncompressed is doveadm import the correct way to get them back into my Junk mailbox? Something like this?

# doveadm -v import -u terry at dop.com maildir:/path/to/temp/folder "" mailbox Junk SENTON 2013-12-06

Thanks,
-Terry

# 2.2.9: /opt/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: Darwin 11.4.2 x86_64  hfs
auth_verbose = yes
base_dir = /opt/local/var/run/dovecot/
default_internal_user = _dovecot
default_login_user = _dovenull
first_valid_uid = 102
last_valid_uid = 105
listen = *
mail_gid = 102
mail_location = maildir:/Volumes/mail/vmail/%d/%u
mail_uid = 102
managesieve_notify_capability = mailto
managesieve_sieve_capability = fileinto reject envelope encoded-character vacation subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric relational regex imap4flags copy include variables body enotify environment mailbox date ihave
namespace inbox {
  inbox = yes
  location =
  mailbox Drafts {
    special_use = \Drafts
  }
  mailbox Junk {
    special_use = \Junk
  }
  mailbox Sent {
    special_use = \Sent
  }
  mailbox "Sent Messages" {
    special_use = \Sent
  }
  mailbox Trash {
    special_use = \Trash
  }
  prefix =
}
passdb {
  args = /opt/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext
  driver = sql
}
plugin {
  antispam_backend = dspam
  antispam_debug_target = syslog
  antispam_dspam_args = --user;%u;--deliver=;--source=error;--signature=%%s
  antispam_dspam_binary = /opt/local/bin/dspamc
  antispam_dspam_notspam = --class=innocent
  antispam_dspam_result_header = X-DSPAM-Result
  antispam_dspam_spam = --class=spam
  antispam_signature = X-DSPAM-Signature
  antispam_signature_missing = move
  antispam_spam_pattern_ignorecase = junk;spam;junk *
  antispam_trash_pattern_ignorecase = trash;deleted *
  mail_log_events = flag_change append delete undelete expunge copy
  sieve = ~/dovecot.sieve
  sieve_before = /Volumes/mail/vmail/%d/global/global.sieve
  sieve_dir = ~/sieve
}
protocols = imap pop3 lmtp sieve
sendmail_path = /opt/local/sbin/sendmail
service auth-worker {
  user = $default_internal_user
}
service auth {
  unix_listener /opt/local/var/spool/postfix/private/auth {
    group = _postfix
    mode = 0660
    user = _postfix
  }
  unix_listener auth-userdb {
    mode = 0660
    user = _vmail
  }
}
ssl_cert = </opt/local/etc/ssl/certs/dovecot.cert
ssl_key = </opt/local/etc/ssl/private/dovecot.key
userdb {
  args = /opt/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext
  driver = sql
}
protocol lmtp {
  mail_plugins = " sieve"