[Dovecot] OT: Large corporate email systems - Exchange vs open source *nix based

Dean deano-dovecot at areyes.com
Tue Dec 10 17:52:00 EET 2013

Actually yes :)  A former company was a mergers/acquisitions maniac, so
we faced fairly often.  We took the easy way out, not actually merging
the Exchange instances, but simply migrating user mailboxes into the
main distributed/redundant system.  Sometimes reused the acquired HW to
expand the main system.

Migration is much much easier than merging ...  With merging you run
into issues with the mailstore databases etc.  Icky.