[Dovecot] Accessing plain text password from memory

Stanislas SABATIER s.sabatier at pobox.com
Fri Dec 13 18:32:47 EET 2013

Hi rick,

I DO want to encrypt/decrypt mails on the fly without «lying » to my
customers.

It's better to have encrypted mail that are difficult to decrypt than plain
text files within plain text folders. (Yes, it would be possible to get the
user password on the fly, but my system is not design this way)

I agree that it's not panacea, but it's better than no encryption at all.
Isn't it ?

As soon as a new email protocol will be available, I'll be the first to
switch to it !

Regards,
Stan.

Stanislas SABATIER