[Dovecot] 'unknown user' using dovecot LDA

Sun Dec 22 19:28:08 EET 2013

On 2013-12-22 11:29 AM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:
> Am 22.12.2013 17:24, schrieb Charles Marcus:
>> One thing about dovecots config I've learned during this process... it is confusing sometimes to determine where
>> any given setting is coming from, given the number of different default config files..
>>
>> Grepping of course will help you find it, but it would be nice if there was some way to simplify this...
>>
>> Maybe cut down on the number of different config files

> you are free to use only one config file as below and
> a second one "/etc/dovecot/sql.conf" referred there
> contains the sensible autentication configuration

I know this, and indeed I do this myself. I wasn't talking about your
RPM-SPEC file, I was talking about the numerous dovecot config files
that are installed in a new default installation.

It is very confusing for people new to dovecot (I didn't have any major
problems, because I'm not new, but installing it fresh gave me a new
perspective).

--

Best regards,

*/Charles/*