[Dovecot] LMTP with virtual and system users

Adrian Zaugg adi at ente.limmat.ch
Thu Dec 26 13:20:22 EET 2013

Hi Philipp

You can use exim to prepare the address as you wish: only the user name
for pam users and the full address for virtual users.

Configure a new router to strip the domain part for pam users:

local_pam_users:
	debug_print = "R: strip domain for local pam users"
        driver = redirect
	check_local_user
	domains = @ : localhost : ${primary_hostname}
        data = ${local_part}
        redirect_router = local_user

I'm not 100% sure of the domains condition; it should restrict the
router to your domain(s) where your pam users receive their email. The
redirect_router designates the router which routes your local deliveries
to your lmtp transport. Place the new router to run just before your
"local_user" router.

Since your config works for your virtual users, you don't need to do
anything in addition.

Regards, Adrian.