[Dovecot] Dovecot 'Submission' service?

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Fri Dec 27 23:01:25 EET 2013

On 12/27/2013 9:41 PM, Charles Marcus wrote:
> I do recall this being discussed, but I can't remember if it is
> actually in a working state now or not.
>
> According to the wiki, it is a work in progress:
>
> http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Roadmap?highlight=%28submission%29
>
> So - is it in a functional state yet?

It works, but it still needs work. I got a bit distracted by some
Dovecot HTTP stuff, so I haven't worked on it for the last few months.
The main thing is that I want to restructure it a bit to make a generic
SMTP server API, so that no code is duplicated between submission, lmtp,
and other future smtp-based services.

It still only lives in my patch queue:

http://hg.rename-it.nl/dovecot-2.2-patches

For (my) convenience, there is a special Xi Debian repository
(dovecot-2.2.patched) that includes this patch queue.

If you want to test it: configuration should be pretty straightforward.
It includes an example configuration fil. I haven't tested it in a
while, so it may be broken at the moment. It does still compile though
(which is continuously checked by Xi).

It won't be included in Dovecot until v2.3.

Regards,

Stephan.