[Dovecot] tests with metadata module

Mihai Badici mihai at badici.ro
Mon Dec 30 16:25:12 EET 2013

On Sunday 29 December 2013 11:52:23 Mihai Badici wrote:
> On Thursday 26 December 2013 12:23:18 you wrote:
> > --Repost after subscription as list member  ---
> >
> > I made some tests with metadata support in dovecot 2.2.10.
> > Previously I had dovecot 2.2.4 with external metadata plugin who work
> > well.
> >
> > I use dovecot with roundcube and roundcube plugins from kolab project .
> > First, the feature activation was tricky and rather undocumented.
> > I spent about half hour googling, after that I set:
> >
> > imap_metadata = yes
> > and
> > mail_attribute_dict = file:%h/shared_metadata
>
> It worked after I changed here : file:%s/shared_metadata
I made some investigation and I found Roundcube perform a
GETMETADATA "*" (/private/vendor/kolab/folder-type)

to list all special folders.
In cmd-getmetadata.c there is a "if" (line 455)  who is intended, I think, to
avoid the use of wildcards in mailbox name, but at the end the result is an
attempt to open a NULL mailbox name who produce the crash.
When I remove this condition and recompile dovecot, there are no crashes.

It's not clear for me if GETMETADATA "*" is still legal (there is a reference
to rfc 5464 in the code) ; but in both cases there is a bug in the code.