[Dovecot] tests with metadata module

Mihai Badici mihai at badici.ro
Mon Dec 30 18:05:39 EET 2013

On Monday 30 December 2013 16:48:58 A.L.E.C wrote:
> On 12/30/2013 03:25 PM, Mihai Badici wrote:
> > I made some investigation and I found Roundcube perform a
> > GETMETADATA "*" (/private/vendor/kolab/folder-type)
> > to list all special folders.
>
> This is indeed not specified in RFC5464, but it was in ANNOTATEMORE
> extension draft. This is very handy and it is supported by Cyrus.
>
> Timo fixed this in http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.2/rev/0c3071ebe44b
> one day before 2.2.10 release. Didn't it make to the release?

I will check further. Dovecot crashes only in some particular conditions but
it looks like is related with this "*" . There are values for " mail_location"
and "mail_attribute_dict"    who crash dovecot.
With:

mail_location = maildir:~/MAILDIR
and

 mail_attribute_dict= file:%u/shared_metadata

dovecot works well.

So I think the fix  is applied but there is a side effect remaining.

--
Mihai Bădici
http://mihai.badici.ro