[Dovecot] Virtual Users Dovecot and Postfix

Silvio Siefke siefke_listen at web.de
Sun Feb 17 01:34:53 EET 2013

On Sat, 16 Feb 2013 03:49:37 +0000 Ben Morrow <ben at morrow.me.uk> wrote:

> The setup given in that howto will accept mail for any user at one of
> the domains listed in virtual_mailbox_domains, and mail for
> nonexistent users will then be bounced by Dovecot. This is a very bad
> idea, since you'll end up becoming a backscatter source; you should
> set up a separate Postfix table listing the valid users at those
> domains, and put that table in virtual_mailbox_maps. (You don't want
> to use /etc/postfix/virtual for this, you want a separate table.)

my main.cf > http://nopaste.info/23ee74a772.html

When i understand correct the passwd file from Dovecot is enough when
i delivered over dovecot lmtp?

Or must i set the mailboxes in the /etc/postfix/virtual too?

Sorry for question, its long time i work with postfix and dovecot
and in last years dovecot change much in config. I want not run
a database for the mailserver, i have not so much boxes at end
running.

Thank You for Help & Greetings
Silvio