[Dovecot] Suggestions for upgrading dovecot 1.0.7 Redhat EL 5.x

Götz Reinicke - IT Koordinator goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Tue Feb 26 13:08:20 EET 2013

Hi,

we still have our solid rock dovecot 1.0.7 Redhat el 5.x up and running.

We don't need much magic or special setups.

However we'd like to think what might be the next step in upgrading our
setup. Each user one mbox mailbox. About 500 imap/pop3 accounts, 400GB data.

First of all: to what version is a good step from 1.0?

Can we get a rpm from e.g. atrpms repository?

Dose anyone has any experiences in doing such a "big" step forward?

Or should we think of migrating to a total updated Redhat EL 6.x /
Dovecot 2.0.x system?

Any suggestions and comments are welcome.

	Regards . G. Reinicke
--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 82 420
Fax  +49 7141 969 55 420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Akademiehof 10
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Jürgen Walter MdL
Forschung und Kunst Baden-Württemberg

Geschäftsführer: Prof. Thomas Schadt