[Dovecot] Autocreation the home folder

Joan aseques at gmail.com
Thu May 16 13:48:30 EEST 2013

The issue is more with legacy installs being upgraded than with new setups,
on the later I might adjust the settings and start using the recoomended
layout.
On the alternative you suggest, if I understood properly, you are changing
the setup to mdbox
>>> mail_location = mdbox:%h/mdbox:INDEX=/mail/**indexes/%2Ln/%Ln
If there was a method to move automatically the mails (preferibly not
moving to mdbox) to a subfolder, I could change to the recommended layout
my current install.
Otherwise it seems the only current solution is to:
1.- Stop dovecot
2.- Change to recommended layout the config
3.- Via a script move the content to the new location
4.- Start dovecot with the new layout..

Am i right?

Joan