[Dovecot] Problems with dovecot 2.1.7, spamassassin 3.3.2 and antispam plugin

Dean deano-dovecot at areyes.com
Mon Nov 11 23:00:44 EET 2013

On 11/11/2013 02:31 AM, Steffen Kaiser wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Nov 2013, Dean Carpenter wrote:
>
> > Running /usr/bin/sa-learn directly always returns with an error code of
> > 1, and the bayes DB isn't actually updated.  Running the
> > /usr/local/bin/sa-learn-pipe.sh script from the example will run
> > sa-learn successfully, but sa-learn fails partway through, right on a
> > sql DB access.  I have both bayes and FuzzyOcr data stored in mysql, and
> > the error occurs on accessing either one.  That is, I've tested with
> > FuzzyOcr enabled, and it fails on the db access to the FuzzyOcr DB, and
> > I've tried it with FuzzyOcr disabled.  In that case, it fails on the
> > access to the bayes DB.
>
> > The error line right there is :
>
> >        libgcc_s.so.1 must be installed for pthread_cancel to work
>
> > Since sa-learn terminated prematurely, the bayes DB isn't updated at
> all.
>
> But this is not a Dovecot problem, isn't it? Antispam calls sa-learn,
> but that program fails.
Exactly true.  But the circumstance is particular to Dovecot, and I'm
sure that *someone* else out there is using this config (dovecot and
spamassassin).  So hoping someone has seen this and gotten around it.

> Do you have the system library libgcc_s installed as the error message
> says?
Yup.  $ locate
libgcc_s

/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.7/libgcc_s.so

> Search the net for that error message, see:
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/foundations-bugs/2012-March/070050.html
>
> If you are on a 64bit system, maybe sa-learn is compiled 32bit only,
> then the library must be installed as 32bit version as well.
/usr/bin/sa-learn is a perl script, calling the various
Mail::SpamAssassin modules.  No 32/64 bit there afaik.

--
Dean Carpenter
deano is at areyes dot com