Error renaming folders with spaces

mtrainer at cloud-free.com mtrainer at cloud-free.com
Tue Oct 28 04:19:15 UTC 2014

On 2014-10-27 17:09, Steffen Kaiser wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Oct 2014, mtrainer at cloud-free.comwrote:
> I am getting frequent errors of
 the form below. In most cases the path has spaces in it. Oct 24
07:27:08 mailstore03 dovecot: imap(sam at userdomain.com.au[1]): Error:
rename(/home8/rs7-username/mail/xyzmortgages.com.au/sam/.Valuations -
ABC, /home8/rs7-username/mail/xyzmortgages.com.au/sam/.Valuations -
ABC/Subfolder) failed: Invalid argument Any ideas what is causing these
errors? mail_location = maildir:~/

> the "/Subfolder" part looks
 erroreously for me.

> Your setup does not support slashes in mailbox
 names. Thanks for the response. I did some testing and the error
messages I get from Outlook vary and are not very helpful. If I try to
rename a folder from test to test/2 I get an error "Server bug: Internal
error occurred". I I try renaming a folder "test 1" to "test 1/ 2" I get
an error "NONEXISTENT: Mailbox doesn't exist : INBOX.test 1". Is there
any way I can support the '/' character with my configuration without
changing the format of all my mailboxes?

Check out: http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Plugins/Listescape [1]
but search the list archive for problems with it. I do not use it
myself.

Thanks, I will test it out and see if it solves my issue.

Murray

Links:
------
[1] http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Plugins/Listescape