How do we disable LOGIN-REFERRALS? (part 2)

sb serbr at runbox.com
Thu Dec 3 13:17:39 UTC 2015

On 12/3/15 1:32 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> As long as Dovecot doesn't return any login-referrals (which it doesn't
> by default), I don't see why having LOGIN-REFERRALS in the CAPABILITY
> reply would matter.
Because a compatible client will use the capability as advertised by the
server,
and then fail because the server is not honouring its promise.

One can hide the capability in the banner, but also wants to disable its
engine.
You say that dovecot has it disabled by default, but I have no evidence
of it, yet.