Dovecot SASL and GSSAPI (IPA)

Ranbir m3freak at thesandhufamily.ca
Tue Dec 15 14:54:43 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-12-14 at 17:53 -0500, Ranbir wrote:
> Is it possible in Dovecot to translate the mail address lookup from
> postfix into just a "uid" search? If I could do that, Dovecot would
> find "ranbir" and report back to postfix the user exists.

I sent this and then realized I could just strip the domain in Dovecot
with "auth_username_format = %Ln". Doh!

Anyway, I figured it all out. I now have my IPA joined Dovecot +
Postfix system using GSSAPI and PLAIN. The passwd database is using pam
(i.e. sss) and the user database is configured to use password-file. I
stuck with the password-file for the userdb because it was simply much
easier to add the mail location for my public imap folders to it than
adding them to my IPA server which would have required me to extend the
LDAP schema. I've struggled enough as it is! :P

--
Ranbir