Dovecot 2.2.20 autoexpunge

Robert Blayzor rblayzor.bulk at inoc.net
Wed Dec 23 18:09:53 UTC 2015

On Dec 23, 2015, at 3:17 AM, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:

> So this keeps finding mails that aren't being automatically deleted? (You were testing with savedbefore, right?) :
>
> doveadm search -u user at domain mailbox Trash savedbefore 2w
>
> If that works, try if it happens to work with mailbox_list_index=no? Maybe the index somehow got messed up. If that works, send the output of:
>
> doveadm dump /path/to/Maildir/dovecot.list.index
>
> The dump includes folder names, so maybe send it privately.

Thanks Timo! I will certainly try tracking things down with the suggested outputs and see if I can get more info.

On a side note regarding doveadm…

If we have two or more servers, doveadm can be executed and run on any one of the servers and things run fine. If you want to install dovecot (doveadm) on another server to be able to get information (like the commands above) from a tertiary server, is that possible? I’m just wondering if doveadm runs directly on the server with access to the maildirs and config files or if it somehow talks over a socket to the actual dovecot mail servers.

TIA

--
Robert
inoc.net!rblayzor