multi sync (>2 servers) + selective sync + trigger

Reuben Farrelly reuben-dovecot at reub.net
Wed Jun 3 03:07:33 UTC 2015

On 31/05/2015 7:23 PM, b-dovecot.org at grmbl.net wrote:
>>     Â - If you really use DHT-like algorithms, rebalancing your cluster will require mininum data movement and you add or remove nodes. It will require a small change on the SQL queries above so that the new node also recognizes the new user, but it is easy to do.Â
>>     Let me know what you think!
>
> I'm wonder why Timo didn't expand mail_replica to be a list of servers rather than just accepting one.
> That would sort out a lot of this already.
> mail_replica = 'server1,server2, .. serverN'
>
> Am I missing something?
>
> Cheers!

I thought space separated values would work so I have had this running
for a while - but after a closer examination just now I've just realised
that space separated is accepted without error but -doesn't- actually work.

In other words, the latest define of mail_replica silently overwrites
the previous definitions.  This is probably desirable as it allows
per-user settings to override global ones, however it means that yes,
there appears to be no way to configure multiple mail_replica values and
have them work...

Reuben