maildir, how to always add size tags to filename (,S=).

sergei sergei.franco at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 21:06:41 UTC 2015

Hi,

the messages are delivered by exim that append maildir tag. That is
easily confirmed that they do not miss messages as the hostname of the
servers is in the mailidir file. When we switched the tagging on,
occasional messages that were manipulated by IMAP (dovecot) did not get
tagged, ie: the message was "uploaded" by clients without tags. I
noticed this behaviour specifically when their other messages were not
tagged.

At this stage I see no untagged messages, as I wrote a script that
renamed every single maildir file on the system to have tags.
I am not sure what is the logic behind tagging messages in dovecot,
perhaps someone can point me to the relevant source file?

Sergei.