Namespace Translation / IMAP Proxying

Daniel van Ham Colchete daniel.colchete at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 12:33:02 UTC 2015

Hello everyone!

About three years ago we migrated from Courier do Dovecot using the
procedure at http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Migration/Courier. So we have a
namespace prefix os "INBOX.".

We are trying to implement the SOGo collaboration with Exchange ActiveSync
integration with Android Lollipop devices. So, in this exact configuration
(namespace prefix + ActiveSync + Android Lollipop) things dont work really
well [1].

I'm trying to get an IMAP Proxy of any kind in front of my Dovecot system
to translate my namespaces when SOGo connects to it. So instead of
presenting INBOX and INBOX.Sent it should show INBOX and Sent.

I tried to do it with imapc but couldn't find any configuration that would
allow it. I also looked at Perdition IMAP Proxy and NGINX but couldn't find
it there also.

Does anyone knows a way to do it?

Best,
Daniel Colchete