an e-mail client for dovecot ?

Mark Foley mfoley at ohprs.org
Sun Jul 17 05:35:51 UTC 2016

Hmmm, one thing to perhaps try first is upgrading your software. You mentioned that your
dovecot is version 1.2.17. I'm running 2.2.15 (which is also older. Current version is 2.2.25).
I know there were major changes between version 1.x and 2.x.

Your Ubuntu is 14.04 which is 2 released old, now at 16.04 (I'm running 15.10). I do have 16.04
booting with x86, but I haven't yet installed it.

You didn't mention your Thunderbird version, but I'm guessing they are similarly dated. My
Ubuntu Tbird is 38.8.0 and my Win7 is 45.2.0.

It could be your older versions of things don't support what you want.

My dovecot server is Slackware64 14.1. One of the users has over 1400 mail folders and 7.2G of
IMAP space. She has had no problems with Thunderbird.

All of our WIN7 workstations are x64, so perhaps there are issues with x86 version of
dovecot/Thunderbird.

--Mark