Migrate email account from Dovecot to Dovecot servers

Marco Usai ddr2pw at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 17 15:34:07 UTC 2016

Hello,
1) I needto migrate some mbox imap email accounts from a shared webhosting provider toanother one.
2) Bothservers seem to use Devecot, as a telnet command on port 143 shows an identicalresponse:* OK[CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE IDLE NAMESPACESTARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN] Dovecot ready.
3) I don'tknow Dovecot version because I don't have access to "dovecot --version"command.
4) I can'tuse "doveadm-sync" because the command is not available on my sharedhosting account.
5) I preferto leave imapsync perl script as the last option because I want to preserve theUID.
So, I needto know what migration procedure can be adopted:
if I copythe /home/user/mail/ directory containing all email account from the sourceserver to the destination server, can I expect to see all accounts working withall the emails transferred ?
Should I firstcreate from cPanel all the email account with identical names and password onthe destination server ?
Anysuggestion will be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance!