Postfix and Dovecot LDA vs. LMTP

"Jan Büren" jan at kivitendo-premium.de
Fri Jun 24 16:59:47 UTC 2016

Hi Michael,

> I'd appreciate comments from experienced users of postfix with dovecot.
> Are
> you using Dovecot LDA or LMTP and why?
I have LMTP with dovecot running on Ubuntu 14.04 and Ubuntu 16.04.

LDA is the worser solution, this is best explained in chapter LTMP in
Peers dovecot book, which is unluckily in german and more or less out of
print.

But you can easily grasp the configuration details and reverse engineer
the technical german phrases ...

--
kivitendo mit Schnelleinstieg zu RB-Druckvorlagen im Linux-Magazin 07
DELUG-DVD Ausgabe

Richardson & Büren GmbH
Jan Büren
Kölnstr. 311