Ubuntu packages

Gedalya gedalya at gedalya.net
Mon Mar 7 06:39:28 UTC 2016

On 03/07/2016 01:28 AM, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Mar 2016, Andrew McGlashan wrote:
>

>> Many of us Debian users hate the fact that systemd even exists..... for
>> now we can run servers without systemd, but who knows in a few years or
>> a couple of releases.
>>

> I can't speak for the project as a whole but you'll take my sysvinit
> when you pry it from my cold dead hands :-)

Please keep it that way!! I use sysvinit on all machines - desktop,
laptop, server, except where broken non-official packages (e.g. graylog)
support only systemd.
I find systemd a horrendous little toy that sometimes behaves in
outright silly ways. A Rube Goldberg machine is, by definition,
something that never will go into production.