How to use quota with dovecot

Mik J mikydevel at yahoo.fr
Sat Apr 8 11:46:43 EEST 2017

Hello,

I would like to use quotas with dovecot and things are not clear to me.

I read this page
https://wiki2.dovecot.org/Quota

1) I did this

# ls /usr/local/lib/dovecot/lib10_quota_plugin.so /usr/local/lib/dovecot/lib10_quota_plugin.so
# grep mail_plugins /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-mail.conf mail_plugins = notify replication quota

Then the page tells about 20-imap.conf but an explanation is written

# Space separated list of plugins to load (default is global mail_plugins).
So what is that default global mail_plugins ? Is it the one coming from 10-mail.conf ?

2) I tried both use this mail_plugins = $mail_plugins quota in 20-imap.conf or comment it.
And restarted dovecot each time

Then commented out in 90-quota.conf
quota_rule = *:storage=1G
quota_rule2 = Trash:storage=+100M