Dovecot - Postfix Calender Synchronisation

Rupert Gallagher ruga at protonmail.com
Thu Aug 24 20:40:12 EEST 2017

Re: portable formats and their mime type

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICalendar
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/VCard

Re: dependencies

- db: why? just use the ical and vcard files! They are files, they are in a directory, they can be used like dovecot uses eml files! No need for postgresql or mysql.

- webmail: why? We use dovecot!!!

- apache web: why? we use nginx.

- linux: why? we use other unix systems.

- python: why? it takes 140MB all by itself, it is an interpreter (slow), it is a security hazard, we would have to install it on purpose and sanbox it in a virtual machine! So we have to install a vm manager.

Bloody hell...

Sent from ProtonMail Mobile