Dovecot and Letsencrypt certs

Robert Wolf r.wolf.conf at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 11:26:55 EEST 2017

On Tue, 12 Sep 2017, Daniel Miller wrote:

> And remove that "postfix reload" command - Postfix doesn't require explicit
> reloading. It'll pickup the changed cert automagically.
>
> Daniel

Hoi Daniel,

are you sure? What is the refresh time? Instantly or with some delay? Have you
tested what happens if I install new key, but I delay installing correct
certificate? Does postfix keep the old key+cert or stop using any cert because
the new key is not correct for the current(old) certificate?

On my postfix 2.9.6 on debian wheezy 7 and postfix 2.11.3 on debian jessie 8 I
have to reload postfix. Postfix can use the same key+cert even if I deleted
these files.

Reagrds,

Robert.