Problem w/ Dovecot authentication against AD

Garry Glendown garry at glendown.de
Wed Sep 13 15:52:50 EEST 2017

> You need to disable referral following in /etc/ldap/ldap.conf (or
> whatever applies to your system)
I had found that option ("referrals off") earlier, but it didn't work -
while doing more (new) tcpdumps, I noticed the result format had
changed, which reminded me that I had changed LDAP to version 2 during
my extended attempts to get it to work ... after switching back to
version 3, the authentication finally worked!!!

Thanks, -garry

--
PGP Fingerprint: A79F A33F 5B13 BEB7 A51D 274F F99C 3AE2 4BCB 7015