Dovecot 2.3.4 crash

azurit at pobox.sk azurit at pobox.sk
Thu Nov 29 17:05:24 EET 2018

Citát Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>:

> On 29 Nov 2018, at 15.46, azurit at pobox.sk wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> is this a know problem? Newest Dovecot 2.3.4 package from
>> repo.dovecot.org , Debian Stretch (fully upgraded).
>>

>> Nov 29 14:25:11 server00 dovecot: lmtp(16854): Panic: file
>> ostream-dot.c: line 208 (o_stream_dot_sendv): assertion failed:
>> ((size_t)ret == sent + added)
>
> Is this proxying LMTP traffic?

Yes, it is. The main server is, currently, doing standard
IMAP/POP3/LMTP for some clients and also proxying IMAP/POP3/LMTP for
other clients (proxying to other servers). But this one error is
related to one message which is stucked in postfix queue and cannot be
delivered - the error appears everytime i do 'postfix flush' (error in
postfix queue is 'lost connection with
<censored-domain-of-main-server>[private/dovecot-lmtp] while sending
end of data -- message may be sent more than once').

There are no errors logged on proxy backend side.

>> dovecot/lmtp [local DATA](_start+0x2a) [0x565287c310ca]
>
> Based on this I was thinking it wouldn't be. But this apparently
> happens only with sending SMTP/LMTP traffic with SSL. So do you
> think it's SSL-related with you also?
> https://www.dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot/2018-November/113532.html
> <https://www.dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot/2018-November/113532.html>

We are, currently, not using SSL while proxying traffic.