/var/run/dovecot/stats-writer) failed: Permission denied

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Wed Apr 10 18:06:14 EEST 2019

> On 10 Apr 2019, at 08:57, Odhiambo Washington via dovecot <dovecot at dovecot.org> wrote:
>

> On Wed, 10 Apr 2019 at 17:50, @lbutlr via dovecot <dovecot at dovecot.org> wrote:
> On 10 Apr 2019, at 08:36, @lbutlr via dovecot <dovecot at dovecot.org> wrote:
> > net_connect_unix(/var/run/dovecot/stats-writer) failed: Permission den))
>
> One other detail:
>
> /var/run/dovecot/stats-writer:
> 0 srw-rw----  1 root     dovecot     0 Apr 10 08:47 stats-writer
>

> Edit your 10-master.conf and make sure that the user specified in the details below matches the dovecot user:
>

> service stats {
>   unix_listener stats-writer {
>       user = mailnull
>   }
>   unix_listener stats-reader {
>       user = mailnull
>   }

Sorry, i am confused. There is no similar clock in 10-master.conf

In fact,. the string "stats" does not appear in that file at all. The commented line

#default_internal_user = dovecot

is in that file, and that is the dovecot user (as seen in the permissions above).

Should I add

service stats {
  unix_listener stats-writer {
      user = dovecot
  }
  unix_listener stats-reader {
      user = dovecot
  }
}

to my dovecot.conf file?

--
I want a party where all the women wear new dresses and all the men
drink beer. -- Jason Gaes