fts_solr and # char

Shawn Heisey elyograg at elyograg.org
Tue Dec 3 09:22:22 EET 2019

On 12/2/2019 12:34 PM, Marcio Merlone via dovecot wrote:
> Dovecot wiki says the solr url is something like 'solr/dovecot/' but
> this gives a 404, if I install solr as per the docs I have a
> 'solr/#/dovecot/' url:

Solr URLs with # in them are ONLY for use in a browser.  You cannot use
them for API calls.  Specifically, they are used by the complex
javascript application that is the Solr admin UI.

The reason is that all characters in a URL starting with # are NOT sent
to the server, they are ONLY handled by the client.  Typically only a
browser is capable of using those characters.

If the Solr core/collection is named "dovecot" then the example URL in
the wiki is completely correct.  If the index has a different name, then
you can replace the string "dovecot" with the correct name.

Trying the exact URL that you give to dovecot *will* give you a 404
error.  When a Solr client (like fts_solr) uses that URL, it will add
the necessary information for it to work correctly.

Thanks,
Shawn