recipient delimiters

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Wed Jun 19 00:03:27 EEST 2019

Since many broken websites and idiot companies will not allow a ‘+’ in an email address, I have long used two delimiters in postfix:

recipient_delimiter = +_

However, now that dovecot is handling verification for postfix via reject_unverified_recipient, dovecot complains about any address using an _ as a delimiter.

I don’t see a way to tell dovecot what delimiters to use, and it appears it is still using a single delimiter only despite postfix having added support for more than one years ago.

Anything that I can do in dovecot to 1) validate these emails and 2) treat user_extension the same as user+extension at delivery?

--
Love is like oxygen / You get too much / you get too high / Not enough
and you're gonna die