Removing a mailbox from a dovecot cluster

Gerald Galster list+dovecot at gcore.biz
Fri Mar 8 00:02:47 EET 2019

> Am 07.03.2019 um 20:43 schrieb Francis <francisd at gmail.com>:
>
> Le mar. 5 mars 2019 à 10:08, Gerald Galster via dovecot <dovecot at dovecot.org <mailto:dovecot at dovecot.org>> a écrit :
>
> you could try to stop replication for the user you are deleting:
> doveadm replicator remove [-a replicator_socket_path] username
>

> Good idea! But I have a problem. I tried to stop the replication (doveadm replicator remove <myuser>) for an user on both server. Verified with "doveadm replicator status <myuser>", it doesn't return, so I assume the replicator is off for this account. Then I try to send an email to this account to verify the replication is really stopped, but it activate again by itself? I receive the mail on both server and If I type "doveadm replicator status <myuser>", it seem like replication is back on.

Why does "doveadm replicator status <myuser>" not return?

I've tried the following commands on a replicated server (2.2.33.2), which all returned immediately:

[root at server ~]# doveadm replicator status user at domain.com
username         priority fast sync full sync success sync failed
user at domain.com  none     12:30:32  12:30:32  12:30:31     -

[root at server ~]# doveadm replicator remove user at domain.com

[root at server ~]# doveadm replicator status user at domain.com
username         priority fast sync full sync success sync failed
                 (no additional output as replication is stopped)

[root at server ~]# doveadm replicator add user at domain.com

[root at server ~]# doveadm replicator status user at domain.com
username         priority fast sync full sync success sync failed
user at domain.com  none     00:00:02  00:00:02  00:00:01     -
                 (replication working again)

Maybe replication had not been stopped yet on your server.

Best regards
Gerald