Dovecot+Solr+Tika segmentation fault

Manuel Josupeit-Walter dj_delinquent at web.de
Wed Dec 2 13:41:35 EET 2020

>> A fix was posted on this list which seems to avoid segfaults when
>> using solr+tika. I reposted it not long ago in response to another
>> question. Before exploring the other segfaults it would be worthwhile
>> getting that fix. If other segfaults continue then I suggest posting
>> the logging from Dovecot
>>

> https://github.com/dovecot/core/commit/043d111cea78533cf22d3bfe0872c8376d842f56
> (DOV-4090)
>
> Scheduled for 2.3.13.

Meanwhile, I also found the fix from October. I can confirm that the
issue occurred on 2.3.11.3 only. I switched to the previous version
(which is pretty easy thanks to Docker) and the issue disappeared. All
messages were indexed properly afterwards.

I applied the fix and will observe it for the next couple of days.
The assertions have been misplaced anyway from my viewpoint because
the asserted fields (or properties or whatever, I don't know how
they're called in C) are not accessed in every case.

I am happy that this is scheduled for 2.3.13. Although, I hope that
the payload_input or payload_output won't be NULL when
payload_finished is true. :)

Thanks a lot to you guys for all the effort. I would not be able
to resolve this on my own without your help.

Best,
Manuel