Any RPMs for aarch64 available?

David Pottage david at chrestomanci.org
Fri Dec 4 11:29:27 EET 2020

On 2020-12-03 21:41, Peter Cooper Jr. wrote:
> Hey, I really appreciate Dovecot being available with standard repos
> in repo.dovecot.org. I'm currently using the "CentOS 7" one on Amazon
> Linux 2 and it works great for x86_64.
>
> I'm wondering if there are any plans for also providing arm builds
> (aarch64) at some point? Or if they're available somewhere else
> already? I may play around with compiling things myself, but just
> downloading an official package is generally the easier way to go so I
> thought it couldn't hurt to ask.

It won't help you for CentOS, but the Debian project includes Arm64
(AKA aarch64) as one of their standard supported processor architectures
and dovecot is one of their many standard supported packages. eg:

https://packages.debian.org/stretch/dovecot-core

Is Arm64/aarch64 an official supported architecture in CentOS? If so I
would
look in the standard repositories for dovecot packages. If not then I
would
suggest that it is not a good idea to use an unsupported Disto/Arch
combo
unless you are very familiar with building everything from source.

--
David Pottage