Question about login_log_format_elements in a proxy environment

Adi Pircalabu adi at ddns.com.au
Mon Dec 7 07:02:13 EET 2020

Hi,

I have a Dovecot proxy setup with several proxy machines (currently
running 2.3.11.3) in front of the real Dovecot servers (2.3.10.1)
storing the mailboxes. "doveconf -a | egrep lip" returns:
login_log_format_elements = user=<%u> method=%m rip=%r lip=%l mpid=%e %c
session=<%{session}>

In the real server maillog I'm expecting to have "lip" replaced with the
IP address of the proxy. It works as expected for imap-login processes,
however for pop3-login processes I still see the real server IP instead
of the proxy IP. Ideas?

Regards,

--
Adi Pircalabu