Using dovecot with RoundCubeMail - where is the information for new mail in (blue coloured) directories?

Philip Rhoades phil at pricom.com.au
Fri Dec 18 02:12:20 EET 2020

Benny,

On 2020-12-18 09:28, Benny Pedersen wrote:
> Philip Rhoades skrev den 2020-12-17 22:14:
>
>> Every few years I try to work this problem out

> please upgrade first

It is a long-standing problem and upgrading RCM is not a solution . .

>> - occasionally I would
>> like to re-mark a dir as having new mail so that the dir shows up as
>> blue-coloured in RCM.
>
> please dont modify mails outside of imap protocol,

Then how do I do what I want with IMAP?

> if you use
> roundcube it will not be needed to mangle shell accounts

That comment doesn't make sense . .

>> Every time I Google in vain and then have a go
>> at working it out myself
>
> if google have no answer to it, its simple not supported

Quite frequently not true . .

>> but the only thing I can see is that there is
>> a change in the appropriate dir dovecot.index.log file after having
>> the blue dir clicked on
>
> dont mangle files outside of imap protocol

You already said that - what is your solution then?

>> (and the colour of the dir name changes back
>> to black) - so is the information stored somewhere in RCM itself?
>
> no

OK, overall not a very helpful response . . but thanks anyway.

P.
--
Philip Rhoades

PO Box 896