LDA ignores virtual mailbox settings

Toni Mueller support at oeko.net
Mon Dec 28 15:06:00 EET 2020

Hi Tamsy,

On Mon, Dec 28, 2020 at 09:47:54AM +0000, Toni Mueller wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 28, 2020 at 09:52:17AM +0700, Tamsy wrote:
> > Try this:
> >
> >    mail_home = /path-to-mailboxen/%d/%n
> >    mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir:LAYOUT=fs
> >
> > and
> >
> > namespace inbox {
> >    separator                 = /
> >    prefix                    =
> >    inbox                     = yes
> >    subscriptions             = yes
> >    list                      = yes
> >    type                 	    = private
> >    hidden                    = no
> > }
>
> thank you for the idea.
>
> I'll give it a try (there was another variable needed to be set to avoid
> clashes with "new", but the name escapes me atm), although it doesn't
> cover a number of special cases that I have, where the location of the
> mailboxen does not follow this pattern.
>
> In the end, I want the database to be the single source of truth.

well, I tried, but with no luck. LDA still wants to deliver to
/var/mail, as before.

I am pretty sure that it must work somehow to fetch all data from a
database, because it did before. It would be really strange if someone
would have culled that functionaility. I am just not yet sure whether
it's just me not getting it right, or whether there's actually a bug.

Next stop: Read Dovecot's source code (I dread that), unless someone
comes up with a better idea.

Please.

Thanks,
Toni