Outlook vs Thunderbird

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Tue Jul 7 09:07:08 EEST 2020

On 7/7/20 3:50 pm, @lbutlr wrote:
>> you could try disabling SSL/STARTTLS on port 143.
>
> What? I’ve never seen SSL/StARTTLS on port 143,a dn I doubt that
> would work?

I thought you had a problem picking up IMAP mail. I see now you mean
you move messages within Thunderbird and the Outlook 2010 app does not
sync those changes. My mistake.

FWIW I meant if the client is Windows7/old-Outlook then changing either
993/SSL or 143/STARTTLS to 143/NONE could help pick up the mail. We had
to do this for a 100 or so clients a few months ago after upgrading to
Ubuntu 20.04.