SV: SV: Outlook vs Thunderbird

Sam Kuper sampablokuper at posteo.net
Tue Jul 7 20:24:43 EEST 2020

On Tue, Jul 07, 2020 at 07:00:23PM +0200, Sebastian Nielsen wrote:
> Sorry about that, its just outlook that does that by default.

Consider migrating to a MUA that, unlike Outlook, understands mailing
lists.

For example, Mutt (which definitely sucks less than Outlook):
http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual/#using-lists

> I don't know what you mean with "top posting"?

Read this: https://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote2.html#ss2.3

That FAQ was written for Usenet, but also applies to email.

--
A: When it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: When is top-posting a bad thing?

()  ASCII ribbon campaign. Please avoid HTML emails & proprietary
/\  file formats. (Why? See e.g. https://v.gd/jrmGbS ). Thank you.