Urgent Help required

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Wed Jul 8 22:35:11 EEST 2020

On 08 Jul 2020, at 12:28, Kishore Potnuru <kishore.reachme at gmail.com> wrote:
> As per our current infrastructure, I can go maximum of the redhat 7.7 version.

If you have artificial constraints that limit your software to only what is available for old Extended Support systems them when that old software is not working, you need to go to the people providing the extended support and have them fix the software.

I something is working in the current Dovecot but you can't use the current dovecot, there's not really any way for dovecot to solve that for you.

With the rapid changes in security requirements and in particular for mail, running mail on a 10 year-old release and maybe considering updating to a 6 year-old release is just not a good plan.

It seems to me that mail, DNS, http, and TLS/SSH/etc software should be kept up-to-date on any forward-facing machines. "Extended" versions of the OS sound like they're a great idea, but when they leave you behind with broken or vulnerable software is there really a benefit?

--
Say, give it up, give it up, television's taking its toll That's
	enough, that's enough, gimme the remote control I've been nice,